I want to be with people who submerge in the task, who go into the fields to harvest and work in a row and pass the bags along, who are not parlor generals and field deserters but move in a common rhythm when the food must come in or the fire be put out.
- Marge Piercy
The issues task forces will identify and select any legislation that they will look at, and, under the direction of the Board, Public Policy Committee, or Staff initiate advocacy.
1. Start with a specific Issue
2. Bring to the appropriate Task Force Chair
3. The Task Force Chair will send the proposed Action Plan to the Public Policy Committee of the Board, which will respond:
4. The approved Action Plan is implemented with the help of the Director, taking the following steps:
5. The Action Plan will be implemented by contacting:
6. Congregational Liaisons will work with their Action Teams to implement plan, and then report results back to the Task Force Point Person
7. Task Force Point Person will create a follow up report on the results of the action.